Mom arrived on Tuesday and after the grand tour we just chillaxed! It was really nice. I have been on 'GO GO GO' mode since getting here, feverishly unpacking and getting things moved, organized, moved again and re-organized... I have decided I SUCK at organizing my own house. I can rock someone else's house with ideas and suggestions and projects but if it's my house - forget about it! :) On Thursday we picked up my dad (he had to come a day later b/c of a meeting at work) and braved the Houston going-home traffic. Can I just say the idea of an HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lane is brilliant!! But there is only ONE place to get on and that's from downtown. So even if your car is full, not an empty seat to be found, you can't get in the frickin' HOV lane if you don't know where the entrance is. There are no other entrances on the freeway. Not even ONE!!!! Completely ridonculous. So it took seriously forever to get home. Ken left the day before for a company retreat (such a hard life!) so I was really grateful we planned mom and dad's visit while he would be gone. This house is ginormous and I can't imagine I would have slept very well if they hadn't been here. :)
While they were here we visited the Johnson Space Center! When I tell you it has been my dream to visit anything NASA-related since I was about 10 that is a bit of an understatement! I wanted to be an astronaut when I was younger; not just because they got to float in space and walk on the moon, but because of the physics, all the exploring, the mysteries of the universe, putting together puzzles of our galaxy... SOOOOO interesting to me!! :) So this was literally a dream come true - and the fact that my bff/love of my life, parents and offspring were there made it 5,000 times mo' betta! Here are picture hilights!!
Bella & Fuzz - Johnson Space Center!!
Super duper excited about the tram tour!
DANG - that's cold!!!!
Simulators and practice pods - very cool!!
Zarya Module - Functional Cargo Block was the first component launched for the International Space Station. This module was designed to provide the station's initial propulsion and power. :)
Practice pod!
Iron Man was there too!! :)
My cute lil' fam at the rocket exhibit!! Peyten is 'blasting off'
the stick she has in her hand! :) SOOO my child!!
Saturn V Rocket - this puppy was HUUUGGEEE!!!! Seriously - HUGE!!!!
LUV!!
Boosters on the Saturn V. I really cannot describe the size accurately,
so just believe when I tell you this rocket was HUGE!!!
He he he!!!
Precious!!!
Well there you have!! Dream come true!!! Johnson Space Center was really the only BIg thing we did - everything else was just enjoying each other's company and making memories!!! The Fun Run from P's school was that week too (see previous post) and little day trips around our fare city!! And, of course, Halloween!! That will be posted later. I can't feel my fingers!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment