We were there for 10 glorious days filled with family, friends and some of my favorite places!! The weather was awesome at first, then it got all spring-y on us, but what are ya gonna do? Especially when the rain is needed really badly?!
Our visit with Mel, Codes, Kambs and Hallie-bear!! Always so fun to watch these cuties play together! Such amazing personalities and sweethearts!! We really miss play-dates with these munchkins!!
Sandy and I. This woman is a must-see stop every trip! Unbelievable the amount of sanity and assurance she brings to me!! Thanks 'mom'!! Love you!!
Cowell Surf Shop in Santa Cruz. As you can see, it was not the best of days for a beach trip. But when you travel 2,000 miles to see the beach and you promise your kid -- you just make the best of it! So, we went!! We made sand castles, chased birds, carefuly stuck our hands in the ocean and ran away when the waves came in too fast (must have been quite the sight!), and just generally acted like 5-year olds at the beach. Didn't matter it was sprinkling and FREEZING cold - we had a blast!! Grandma and Grandpa were so brave and adventurous!! It was seriously FREEZING!!! They are just the best!! I think my dad got some video of Peyten and I chasing seagulls, I'll see if I can get my hands on that video! ;) There were people eating brunch at the restaurant overlooking the beach - they got brunch and a show, no charge!! We were total idiots!! ;)
I love this kid!! She is always so happy!!! :) She could have been upset and sad that the only day we could make it to the beach is was raining and freezing, but NO!! She is still happy and so excited to be there!! Wish I could say the same for me!! :)
Lisa and I! Another must-see stop!! Excuse my gum... such manners. Sorry! ;) Miss this girl!!!
Peyten and Auntie Lisa's boys Brogan and Vance! They are getting so big... time is FLYING.
"Silly Face"
Ms Penelope!! This is a cemented stop every trip to Cali! Sarah and Penny are California staples in our house!! We chatted, caught up, did some shopping at Joann's and they introduced us to Five Guys! Pretty scrumptious!! Always hard to say this goodbye. :(
Ms Penny and her crazy-eyes!! ;-)
Dorothy and I. This woman -- ooohhhh this woman!!!! I love her!! She is such an amazing example of Christ-like love and kindness! She is always so upbeat and happy!! She had heart surgery a week or so before this visit - doesn't she look AMAZING?!?!?! She said the SWEETEST things to me at this visit and they made me cry like a blubbering idiot!! Always nice to hear how your smiles and your attitude help and uplift other people!!
One of my favorite pics from our trip! Their eyes say it all - happy, full of love, AMAZING ladies!!! So so so happy we got to see her!!!!
Lucky Charm cucpackes at Grandma and Grandpa's!
Peyten and Tristan loved them. Talon was not feeling well so he didn't get to come. :(
HUGE bummer, especially since this was our last night there. :(
Great big hugs for Uncle Justin!! My brother is seriously the best!!!
Peyten and Tristan saying goodbye. I can't believe how grown up this kid is. Every time I see him now he's so much taller and amazing!! Love my crazy boys, and miss them like crazy!!!
LOVE love L.O.V.E. this munchkin!!! ;)
Janet and I at church!! I can't even begin to express how much this wonderful woman has inspired and blessed my life! She was my freshman seminary teacher and taught me the most fundamental truths that helped make me the person I am today (far from perfect, but working on it!). Her desire to show us how amazing we are and how much not only she, but Heaveny Father, loved us... you can't ever take away the overwhelming feelings of love and appreciation her class felt for her, because we knew she loved us and cared about us! And now that I'm grown, she does the same thing for Peyten!! It melts my heart to see Peyten on her lap, hearing how beautiful and amazing she is and how she can do hard things!! She continues to be such a strength to me and a foundation for me!!
LOVE this woman so much!!!! Thanks for everything Janet!!
I can't believe I didn't get pics of Peyten with more family... such a dork!! I don't even have one of my Grandma's in here. I'm fired! :( Next time!!! :)
Well, we visited more people and saw more stuff, but I can't pssibly put all the pics! Just know that we had a blast and it was so great to see family and a few close friends. I wish so much we could have seen more people, but the time flies by so fast. Growing up in the same place your whole life, you get to know a lot of people, all of them amazing!! We miss your smiles and your hugs more than you can possibly know, but we know we are meant to be here at this time. Still not sure why, but we know we're where we are supposed to be!! So we're making the best of it! I'm sorry we couldn't possibly see all of you - between all our school friends, church friends, those we've played sports with, volunteered with, neighbors - we know a whole lot of people!! And we are humbled to have so many amazing people in our lives!! I hope we have made your life better in some way - you have ours!!
Love and miss you all!!!!
It was great seeing you! So glad I am a 'must see'! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you made time for us! It's always a blast! :)
ReplyDelete