Bella & Fuzzy Bear

Bella & Fuzzy Bear

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Holy Crap... it's been 6 months!!!!

So in case you haven't noticed, I kinda suck at this whole blog thing.  I have great intentions of updating and posting lots of pics and keeping the masses entertained with our family-happenings.  And then the happenings get going and the family has no time leftover.  :(

My other excuse is a big one --  DRUMROLL PLEASE..........


We are expecting baby #2!!!!!! After years of praying and trying, we finally are having another sweet gift from God! Seeing as I am almost 27 weeks along and have announced it to the world in various ways (everything short of leaflets dropped from a prop plane) I'm sure you already knew this. But for those who are slow to news - we are having a BOY and are due on December 15th! Needless to say, we are thrilled and excited and freaking out all at once!! It's just been the three musketeers for over 6 years now and we have gotten used to that routine! But Peyten is so excited to be a big sister!!! Can you tell????


All the sickness is gone and now I'm just tired!  And getting big.  But so far he is healthy and moving like CRAZY!!  We had to have two ultrasounds cuz Jr. couldn't stay still. ;-)  He is an active little thing and that makes me nervous.  I hear boys are GO GO GO anyways, but to have already been this active in utero kinda makes me even more nervous!  Ah well - we'll adjust! ;-) 

Beyond baby news, quite a lot has happened in the past six months!  I'll try to give the Readers Digest version with only the best of the best pics!! ;-)

Peyten's school has a Field Day at the end of each school year and I think it is AWESOME!!!  The kids had so much fun and the parents had almost as fun watching!  The PE staff was in charge and they have it down to a science!  Bascially there are stations each class rotates to with different games/obstacles/challenges and they work together as a team or compete boys vs. girls and have a BLAST!!  Since I read to her kinder class once a week for almost the whole year I really got to know these kid-o's and it was so sweet watching them!  PLUS, Auntie Lisa flew in from Cali and Hannah Banana drove down from OSU for the weekend so needless to say we had good times!!!

Peyten's class with her teacher Mrs. Moss who we love and miss like crazy!!!

They got a little bit wet!! ;-)  Which is fine cuz it was wicked hot.

  
Total dorks!! ;-)  They got some pretty NASTY looks wearing OU threads in Texas.  Rebels!!!

Hannah Banana and munchkin partaking in popsicle goodness! ;-)
 

Grandma and Grandpa were able to come out the end of the school year to celebrate her graduating from kinder (though the school did not have any formal ceremony - LAME!!!)!  They were able to come to the last storytime I did (Oh The Places You'll Go by Dr.Suess) and the little awards ceremony that her teacher did!  Peyten got the "Spunky Spirit Award for exhibiting a spirit full of life" in the classroom!!  That is sooooo her!! ;-)   I was really grateful that Mrs. Moss did her little ceremony so we felt like we had something to participate in!!!

The last day of school with her teachers gift!  (I love our backyard!!)

Her "Welcome to Summer" poster she got to run through when she got home!!
 

During their visit it was so hot that we hardly did any sight-seeing or exploring. :(  They were able to stay for munchkins rainbow-themed birthday party though, which was too fun!!  She turned the big 6 and we had such a fun swim party with family and friends!!  We spray painted Twister on the lawn and had a huge marshmallow war!!  Good times!

           
 The rainbow skirt I made for the party!!!              The dress my Grany Kathy gave her with
                                                                                some of our fun decorations! 

*** WARNING ***
 If you are prone to motion sickness I do not reccommend watching this video!!  It is
2 minutes of sheer crazy marshmallow war goodness!!  You have been warned!! ;-)
 
 
We FINALLY were able to replace our garage door!!  It was the saddest sight I'd ever seen, structurally speaking.  See for yourself:
 
Nice, huh??
 
  
Snakes could crawl through that crack - and they have. :(

Way too much clearance. :(  The thing had to go!!!

 
Our NEW, beautiful, AUTOMATIC door - our first automatic opening door EVER!!  There are no cracks and no gaps!!  It is GORGEOUS!!!  And worth every stinkin' penny!! ;-)
 
 
Our last visitor for the summer before we went to Cali for vacay was none other than Sarah Georges, our friend from Lyon, France!!  She came to the US for a whirlwind country-wide adventure and we were lucky enough to be her next-to-last-stop, just before New York!! ;)  Since I was still super sick from being early in the prego phase we didn't get to do a whole heck of a lot, but we did RELAX!!  We went swimming almost every day, slept in, talked and talked and talked, and we made it to Johnson Space Center!!  SOOOOOO hot that day. :(  But fun!
 
Chilaxin in the pool with Peyten and Sarah!

         
Sarah and Peyten have a thing for hats!!                       At the Saturn V Rocket exhibit 
 
The OLD Mission Control - you can't tour the new one. :(

Replica of a shuttle on display at Johnson Space Center
 
 
And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the last 6 months up until our Cali vacation!  That will be a completely seperate post cuz it's gonna be too awesome for words!! ;-)  And cuz I don't have pictures yet!  I promise that post will come as soon as my mom gets on the ball and uploads the pics from her camera!  Let me just say that it involves LOTS of fun, mayhem and Disney-type-things!! ;-)   Be excited!!

1 comment:

  1. It's about freakin time you updated your blog!!!!!!!!! :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete