This was the dinner I made for my parents: Cornish gamehen with cornbread stuffing (I had some help with that part); heart shaped pasta with homemade red sauce; green salad with FRESH CALIFORNIA avacado (can you tell I miss CA produce??); roasted garlic and tomato bruchetta; toasted garlic, basil and goat cheese bruchetta; chocolate creme pie!! YUMMMM!!!!!
My traditional trip to the mother ship (a.k.a. Home Goods) with mi madre! THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is the #1 pick for our new plates!! We have been married almost 11 1/2 years and have never purchased plates. They have all been given as gifts or hand-me-downs... I think it's time!!! Ken said, and I quote: "they look like someone in pottery 101 made them and they were decorated by someone in art 202." What the??? Are we looking at the same plates?! ;-) Men.
San Francisco from the airplane! It was a crisp, clear, sunshiney morning!! It was just beautiful!!!
Gorgeous view of Pacifica and Pedro Point... clear skies, gorgeous little leftover waves down there just calling to me!! Look at that beautiful, freezing cold ocean!!! :-)
Beautiful blue skies, sun shining... just gorgeous!!
On my way to Texas
Here is Texas - dark clouds, not-so-blue-skies, RAIN, lightning, Yucky-ness all around.
Why did I move here again?!? ;-)
One can't be toooo terribly upset with the rain when you look at this... on the left you can see the 'river'. There is hardly ANY water in it. Pretty sad. We need ALLL the rain we can get! ;-)
So there are the pics of the Cali trip and trip home. It was sure nice being there with my family and celebrating the life of a wonderful, wonderful man!!! Rest in peace grandpa, I'll see you again!!
Thanks for reading! I really have no clue if anyone is even reading this blog regularly besides the 'ol fam-bam, but here is some blog news!! In high school my friends did the morning announcements and each day of the week was dedicated to ssomething different like trivia, news, etc... So I'm borrowing that idea and here is my 'schedule':
Sabbath Sunday - report on our amazing lessons at church!! :-) (Also, my fave day, just FYI!!)
Manteca Monday - a shout out to the roots!
Texas Tuesday - something I love (or hate) about the new digs :)
Wildlife Whopper Wednesday - trivia, useless facts, something about this awesome planet of ours!
This Old House Thursday - pics of our latest projects on the house
Frivolous Friday/Free Friday - I'll do something small for myself (read instead of clean, go for a long training walk instead of clean, go to the movies with Ken instead of clean... you get the idea!)
Super Saturday - We will either be cleaning until we pass out, or we'll go do something fun and check out this state! The later will be a much better post, but this house needs some serious good-lovin' so ya never know what you're gonna get!
That's it!! Schedule starts tomorrow! I reserve the right to alter my schedule if needed and welcome suggestions! Have a great day everyone, and tell your fam you love 'em!
Sorry I didn't get to see you while you were here, but I'm glad Rachel did! :)
ReplyDeleteGood job on the blog! You guys will have a great time in TX. :) Hope we visit "home" at the same time....
ReplyDeleteMmmmm, sorry I missed that supper! Looks delicious. Nice job on the blog, too.
ReplyDelete