OK - I can already tell that writing a blog post every single day is not my cup 'o tea. So this concludes one full week of themed posts and it ain't happenin'. Sorry folks. Too much to do. Maybe when we're a little better settled in?? Maybe?? For now I'll just post stuff (projects, house pictures, updates on the fam, tidbits of knowledge!)... but here is the Manteca Monday and the Texas Tuesday:
Manteca Monday - OH HOW I MISS MY LIL' TOWN OF MAN-STINKA!!! I love that the town is TINY and not spread out over a gazillion miles. I love that on patriotic holidays they do Flags Over Manteca and line the streets with our US flag. I love the weather - it's not humid or SUPER hot - it's just right. I love that when I look out the window and see fog I know it's going to actually be chilly outside. More than anything, I love the family and friends there - miss you guys terribly.
now...
Texas Tuesday - Well, apparantly when you look out your window here and see tons of fog, it doesn't mean it's chilly outside. It actually means it's HOTTER than HADES. What the??? Did I miss something? And then the next day when you look out your window and it's clear as day with a tiny little breeze barely moving the bushes outside it doesn't mean it's nice. It means it's FREAKING COLD....??????? I am so confused here. Seriously. I am lost. No more windows. I am stepping outside before we get dressed now - cuz this is just ridonculous!
Besides the funky weather, the HUGE bugs and not really knowing anyone -- life is grand. The house is slowly coming along. Still haven't finished the master bathroom. So if you read the post from last week's "This Old House Thursday" the project was the master bath. Yup -- still not done!! Almost though!! I will continue to post pictures and updates and stuff, I just can't commit to the whole every day themed crap. No ways. For now, I gotta skitter and get ready for my activity this afternoon. I am the activity days leader in our ward, which means I co-teach with another woman all of the girls aged 8 to 11. We have an activity 2x a month and learn all sorts of fun things! It's at my house since I don't have a car, so I'd better hit it. Peace out!
No comments:
Post a Comment