Bella & Fuzzy Bear

Bella & Fuzzy Bear

Thursday, October 13, 2011

This Old House Thursday!

Seeing as no one, and I mean NO ONE (not even my own mother), responded to my trivia question, I think we'll nix the trivia for a while.  For anyone wondering: a sloths strongest sense is smell!  There!!  Now your life is complete! :)
Today's 'This Old House' wore me out!!  First of all, this house is gy-normous!  What on earth were we thinking??  I hate cleaning - HATE IT!!!  This ought to be interesting!  Anyhow, today's project was the master bathroom!  Everything has been in boxes or strewn on the countertops of both upstairs bathrooms.  It desperately needed some good lovin'!  The previous owners must have never EVER cleaned out under their bathroom drawers... I pulled everything out in the master bath today to give it a solid wipe-down so I could put drawer and shelf-liners down and start putting crap away.... yeah, the 'wipe-down' quickly became an extremely thorough scrubbing of all things scrubbable.  I used almost an ENTIRE Clorox Wipes package - INSANITY!!!  I sucked up a number of dead, gross looking bugs into our trusty Kirby, scrubbed, scrubbed some more, sprayed disinfectant and scrubbed a little more!  Then I put down the drawer liners.  That, ladies and gentleman, is as far as I got today!  My back was killing and I was getting kinda high from the cleaners! ;-)  (Another 'This Old House Thursday' project will be installing exhaust fans in the bathrooms!)  So here are pics of the mess I made today!! 

Utter chaos!


Two out of three boxes that's been in our bathroom, patiently waiting to be emptied!  They also double as drying racks for swim trunks - just FYI! ;-)

So that's it!  No nice, pretty organized pictures.  No 'after' shots to provide closure.  Nothin'!  Just a big phat mess that will be not-so-messy tomorrow!  I'll post the 'after' pictures on tomorrow's 'Free Friday' post!  We did change out both shower heads today, and put a new toilet seat in the 2nd bathroom! 
Oh yeah - Peyten was using the downstairs 1/2 bath and just after she flushed she yelled --
"MOM - SOMETHING'S COMING OUT OF THE TOILET." 
I instantly thought of a story I'd heard about where a snake came up out of a toilet somewhere in Australia I think and scared the poor girl to death... so needless to say I booked it to the bathroom.  No snake. :)  But there was water leaking out of the toilet near the seal - quite a lot actually.  So Ken shut off the water and we're going to replace the toilet!  It's been wobbly since before we even bought the house, it's short and old and ugly - so it's just going!  $99 special at Lowe's probably!! :-)

We are headed out to dinner for Free Friday tomorrow to celebrate closing escrow on our house in California!!!  It has been bitter-sweet for sure, but the Lord provided a way and it has been a tremendous blessing!  Still, kinda sad. :'(  Night all.  Stay tuned for the 'after' pics of the master bath!!

P.S.  After posting this tonight, Amanda P. cast her vote on the sloth!  So thanks Amanda!! ;-)  You would think it would be sight - I'm with ya all the way!!! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. ok, in my defense....your current post hadn't published when I made my guess. Boo-yah for being an awesome friend!

    ReplyDelete