Bella & Fuzzy Bear

Bella & Fuzzy Bear

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wildlife Whopper Wednesday

What a morning... I watched a little girl in our ward who's mom just got a new, much-needed job.  She was a sweet girl, but man, I thought Peyten was a chatter box.  Pey's got nothin' on this little sweety! ;-)  We were eating lunch getting ready to walk her over to preschool when Peyten's school nurse called - potty accident.  AGAIN... what the hay???  So we shovel lunch down, ran to the clinic, changed P, took her to class, ran to the other side of the school to drop off the other little girl (I thought I was late) - turns out she doesn't get dropped off at noon like mom said, it's 12:20.  Ah well.  Just a crazy morning.

NOW - down to business!!  For our first official Wildlife Whopper Wednesday, we will be showcasing my mostest favorite animal.  Don't ask me why it's my fave, I honestly have no idea!  Maybe because they sleep for 10 hours and hang around all day... that's right:  SLOTH!!!

 
No - not that Sloth!



Yeah - this little guy!  Isn't he adorable?!?!  Seriously, don't ask me why I think they're so cute.  Peyten thinks they're "super creepy" - whatever.  Lack of vision! ;-)  So these little guys are amazing!  Did you know their outer hairs grow in the opposite direction as other mammals?  Most mammals hairs grow toward the extremities, but because sloths spend so much time with their legs above their bodies, their hairs grow away from the extremities in order to provide protection from the elements while the sloth hangs upside down.  Just learned that!!

So the trivia question for today is: what is a sloths strongest sense??  Touch, taste, hearing, smelling or seeing?  The winner gets brownie points! ;-)  Answer to come on tomorrow's post!

1 comment:

  1. I vote sight. Because the lazy bums just sit around all day people (or animal) watching :)

    ReplyDelete