Super Saturday today was SUPER!!! Peyten and I started out the day at 7:08. We snuggled, got dressed and drove to the "closest" donut shop. I later found out there are 3-5 that are even closer!! ;-) We woke up papa, had breakfast and headed to the garage! What a big fat mess. I should have taken a before picture, but for visuals sake just imagine a 2-car garage so PACKED with hud that you can't even see the other side of the garage! We emptied it out and found SHELVES!!! We had no idea there were shelves left behind! OH HAPPY DAY!!! ;-) The shelves are now stacked with crap! We tossed some stuff, donated some stuff, took some stuff inside and cleaned a bunch. It looks WAY better now! See for yourself (remember, 2-car garage PACKED, like can't-even-walk-packed!!):
Look, FLOOR!!!! Minus all the dead roaches! Didn't think you'd want to see those. (Your welcome!)
More floor!!!!!
SHELVES!!! Yay for shelves!!
Our Freezer ('After' picture). Ken opened this baby up and fold MOLD. A lot of it!!! :-( So I sprayed the mold/mildew cleaner we had on it and let it sit while we mowed the lawn with our new (new to us anyway) riding lawn mower...... this thing was sooo much fun. I might mow the lawn more often!! ;-)
Is it bad that we only mowed our lawn?? The neighbors have sprinklers that stick up and I don't want to replace that if it breaks... mower works great! Catcher is awesome! Not bad for $300!!
After the garage and tons of yard work we headed to the pool store to buy THESE!!! They are solar heating discs! We did a fair amount of research and these are the least expensive option for heating your pool. No electricity. No additional chemicals. Inexpensive compared to a unit... we'll see how they work! We had a credit so we bought 2 extra! In order to really get these to work you should cover approx. 80% of your pool. We think we'll need about 15 more... hehehe. :>
This was the last project for today: our headlights. They were so caked in grossness and muck we could hardly see at night. Seriously. It was really REALLY bad. So Ken found this kit at an auto shop and we decided to give it a go. Here is the before shot!
And the after! MUCH better huh?!? We'll test it out tonight! They look WAY better than they're coming across in the picture. Trust me!!
And the last picture for tonight... what the hey??? Mushrooms. Mushrooms on my lawn. ORANGE mushrooms with blades of grass growing through them... wierd. It is true what they say: everything IS bigger in Texas! These puppies are about the size of a salad plate. Not some wimpy salad plate, I mean a Hungry-Man type salad plate. Gy-normous!!!
That's it for our first official Super Saturday! We are all WIPED OUT!!! 7:00 on a Saturday night and I'm ready for bed... seriously?!? Hope your day was spectacular! Looking forward to the Sabbath tomorrow!!
P.S. Is it breaking the Sabbath by swimming in your newly cleaned, newly heated pool?!?
No???
Oh good!!! :-)
I say it's totally breaking the Sabbath, but I think I would do it, too. Just once ;) Man, it sounds like you're a busy woman!!! Never stopping, there's just so much to do. Luvs!
ReplyDelete